Wednesday 26 May 2010

Hola Peru!

So I decided to randomly start a blog as a way to keep track of my happenings in Cusco as well as let people know what I am doing. Primero, why am I here? Well I have always wanted to do a study abroad and last summer I discovered this trip while browsing through MSU's study abroad website. The name of my trip, Community Engagement and Interdisciplinary Studies in the Peruvian Andes gives a good summary about my upcoming Peruvian vacation. Currently I am located in Cusco, Peru which is near the southern/middle part of the country and is in the mountains. I am living 3,300 meters (15,000 feet I think lol) above sea level! Very high! A lot of people who venture here get altitude sickness. Luckily I have not had the misfortune but walking up hills can sometimes be a pain. The weather here is a little funky, but luckily thanks to Michigan I am use to weird weather lol. During the day it can get as warm as 70 degrees but in the early mornings and late evenings it can drop to about 35-40 degrees. Dressing for the weather has never been as hard as it is now lol. Regardless of all of this, Cusco is a beautiful city. The central part of the city called Plaza de Armas always have something going on. A lot of restaurants, bars, cafes. The drinks here are pretty cheap too :-)! Thus far, I am loving Cusco and its people. I can't wait to see what kind of mischief I get into next.

No comments:

Post a Comment